BHP work closely with worldwide insurers who have proven expertise in providing Cyber Insurance. Cyber Risk has become the leading concern among organisations in light of recent malicious attacks on companies across Ireland and the EU.
With effect from the 25th May 2018 the EU has introduced strict new measures (GDPR) to protect citizens by enforcing rules for any organization handling the personal data of any EU individual. See information on GDPR at www.dataprotection.ie/docs/GDPR/1623.htm
Therefore, it is important for each organisation to:
- Understand where and how you use and store personal data of individuals
- Review your existing security controls
- Assess your third parties’ personal data security standards
- Be prepared to report data breaches within 72 hours
- Adhere to new duties for data processors & data subjects
Policy Features and Benefits:
- Defence costs and damages if the business: Causes a breach of personal or corporate data
Contaminates someone else’s data with a virus
Suffers theft of a system access code by non-electronic means
Suffers theft of hardware containing personal data
Employee causes a data disclosure
- Costs of notifying customer or regulatory authority that their data has been affected by a breach.
- Costs of legal advice and representation in connection with a data protection investigation
- A cyber incident response team to assist you in the event of being hacked
- Expert assistance after a data breach to help restore your systems and firewalls thus enabling your business to get back to normal
- The costs of professional fees included in determining whether electronic data can or cannot be restored, recollected or recreated
- Professional consultancy costs to minimise potential damage to any individuals reputation at the company (e.g the chef information officer)
To apply for a quotation, please complete our inquiry form below and we will contact you.